The Wawascene was created by Dr. Mark Stock, former Superintendent of the Wawasee Community School Corporation. Due to its local popularity, Dr. Stock has left the blog site to future Wawasee administrators.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
The winter weather has been rough on the Wawasee Community School Corporation calendar. Five days have been missed (as of January 29) due to inclement weather. Only four weather days were built into the 2007-08 calendar. After discussion and study, the following changes will be made to the school calendar:
- Move the end of the second trimester from Friday, February 22 to Wednesday, February 27.
- Move the No School: Teacher Day from Monday, February 25 to Thursday, February 28.
- Begin the third trimester on Friday, February 29.
- Use Good Friday, March 21 as a school day, but with an early student release for staff development. Good Friday was previously a no school day.
Moving days at the end of the second trimester allows each trimester to maintain the same number of instructional days. Going to school until 12:30 p.m. (12:45 p.m. at WMS) on Good Friday will help to save graduation on its May 30 date. A copy of the revised calendar will be on the corporation website tomorrow.
We will be sensitive to both individual and family needs concerning attendance on Good Friday for students and staff members.
Please feel free to contact me at the WCSC Central Office if you should have any questions about the above mentioned calendar changes.
Thank you for your cooperation as we work together for the best interests of the Wawasee Community School Corporation children and community.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
The meeting of the Wawasee Board of School Trustees at 5 p.m. at the central office will still take place.
The following athletic events have already been rescheduled:
- Wawasee High School girls basketball game at Tippecanoe Valley will be played tomorrow night, Wednesday, January 23.
- Wawasee High School gymnastics meet at Warsaw will take place on Tuesday, February 5.
- Milford sixth grade girls basketball at Central Noble will be played on Tuesday, February 5.
- Wawasee Middle School seventh and eighth grade boys basketball at Edgewood in Warsaw will be played tomorrow, Wednesday, January 23. The seventh grade game will begin at 4:30 p.m.