The Wawascene was created by Dr. Mark Stock, former Superintendent of the Wawasee Community School Corporation. Due to its local popularity, Dr. Stock has left the blog site to future Wawasee administrators.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Monday, December 06, 2010
Community members can also sign up to receive emails and/or text messages when WCSC closes, delays, or dismisses early. We have found that those emails and text messages are received within a very short time frame from when WCSC contacts the service. Click on Community Members and then Register Free to sign up.
Once you have created an account, you can click on Account Info and then Notification Methods from the navigation menu. Once this screen has been displayed, you will be allowed to enter up to three different email addresses to which you would like to receive notifications. Your SMS/text messaging email address, if you wish to receive a text message on your cell phone, is your cell phone number (without hyphens or spaces) and your cell phone provider's SMS/text messaging email address. The most common providers' addresses follow:
- US Cellular: Your cell phone email@example.com
- AT&T Wireless: Your cell phone firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alltel: Your cell phone email@example.com
- Verizon Wireless: Your cell phone firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centennial Wireless: Your cell phone email@example.com
- Sprint: Your cell phone firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to post delays and cancellations on our website and here on The Wawascene.
North Webster's music program for Monday, December 6th, has been postponed. Due to uncertain weather conditions, we are listing two possible scenarios for rescheduling the program.
- If school is in session on Tuesday, December 7, we will have the program at 7:00 p.m. in the gym. If school is not in session on Tuesday, we will not have the program that evening.
- The program will be on Wednesday, December 8 at 7:00 p.m. in the case of a Tuesday cancelation.