Community members can also sign up to receive emails and/or text messages when WCSC closes, delays, or dismisses early. We have found that those emails and text messages are received within a very short time frame from when WCSC contacts the service. Click on Community Members and then Register Free to sign up.
Once you have created an account, you can click on Account Info and then Notification Methods from the navigation menu. Once this screen has been displayed, you will be allowed to enter up to three different email addresses to which you would like to receive notifications. Your SMS/text messaging email address, if you wish to receive a text message on your cell phone, is your cell phone number (without hyphens or spaces) and your cell phone provider's SMS/text messaging email address. The most common providers' addresses follow:
- US Cellular: Your cell phone email@example.com
- AT&T Wireless: Your cell phone firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alltel: Your cell phone email@example.com
- Verizon Wireless: Your cell phone firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centennial Wireless: Your cell phone email@example.com
- Sprint: Your cell phone firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to post delays and cancellations on our website and here on The Wawascene.