On Tuesday, March 11-Thursday, March 13, students in grades 3-8 will be taking the ISTEP+ Applied Skills Assessments. The majority of the testing will occur in the morning, and we will still test if there is a delay.
What can you do as a parent?
1. Encourage your students to do their very best. Pump them up!!
2. Express a positive attitude about the test and confidence in your child's ability to do well on it. Research shows that parents' and teachers' attitudes influence children's attitudes. So if you are upbeat and encouraging about the test, your child is likely to feel good about it.
3. Make sure your children get a good night's sleep each night.
4. Feed them a healthy breakfast. Keep in mind each school serves breakfast. For students who qualify for a free lunch, there is no cost. For students who qualify for reduced lunch prices, the cost of breakfast is 30 cents. For students who do not qualify for free or reduced lunch prices, the cost of breakfast if $1.
5. Have them to school on time so that they are able to test with their class or small group.
The Wawascene was created by Dr. Mark Stock, former Superintendent of the Wawasee Community School Corporation. Due to its local popularity, Dr. Stock has left the blog site to future Wawasee administrators.
Comments should be respectful and pertain to the topic posted. Comments about personnel matters should be made directly to the administrators responsible. Blog moderators reserve the right to remove any comment determined not in keeping with these guidelines.