1. Monday, Feb 19th is now a school day as a snow makeup day
2. Monday, Feb 26th WAS a teacher work day with no students but will now become a regular school day as a snow makeup day
3. Friday, March 2nd will now be the end of the second trimester BUT it will be an early dismissal day (approximately 12:30 PM depending on the school) for students in order to allow at least SOME work time for staff for grading exams and getting ready for the new trimester on the next Monday. This also gives the weekend for teachers to prepare for the new classes on Monday.
4. Friday, March 23rd is now a school day as a snow makeup day
5. Monday, May 14th is now a school day as a snow makeup day
This will still leave Friday, June 1st as a snow makeup day if there are any other cancellations yet to come. Commencement will remain on Friday night even if school gets pushed into the next week. This is because many parents and grandparents already have their travel plans arranged.
This schedule does the following things:
It allows more second trimester teaching days for those teachers whose course content cannot be easily adjusted .
It provides at least a little work time for teachers to grade exams and enter grades into the computers.
It maximizes the use of available days for student instruction.
It decreases the chance we would need to require seniors to return after commencement .