At Tuesday evening's school board meeting the board:
1. Approved board minutes from last month, personnel, and claims
2. Heard a report from Mrs Sigler on the Alternative School
* 30 students graduated last year with at least one credit from the Academy
3. Approved the financial report
4. Approved a resolution for additional appropriation for special ed preschool
5. Adopted the Student Wellness Policy
6. Heard a report from the superintendent on:
* Class sizes (added teacher to NW 3rd gr and instructional para's at MLF)
* Indiana School Board Association conferences are September 25-26
* First day for students is 17th and staff the 16th
7. Heard a report from the Dir. of Curriculum and Instruction:
* New teacher orientation training is this week
* Alternative to Suspension and Expulsion report from last year
The next meeting is August 22nd at 5:00 PM for a budget hearing.
The Wawascene was created by Dr. Mark Stock, former Superintendent of the Wawasee Community School Corporation. Due to its local popularity, Dr. Stock has left the blog site to future Wawasee administrators.
Comments should be respectful and pertain to the topic posted. Comments about personnel matters should be made directly to the administrators responsible. Blog moderators reserve the right to remove any comment determined not in keeping with these guidelines.